Abortion...the ultimate Child Abuse. adult content

Saw this on a bumper sticker the other day. How does this make you feel? Do you agree or disagree? Me personally I agree 100% but I don't push my beliefs on others.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Disagree... I just can't equate terminating a pregnancy with abusing a living, breathing child. I guess my question to you is, do you honestly feel a woman who has an abortion (for whatever reason) should be more severely punished than a woman who has been beating and/or otherwise abusing her child for years and years?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree with it 100% as well. I truly can not understand why others cant see it this way. I know we are all different...but still....to me, this is such an open/closed issue.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree 100%. To me abortion is the same thing as putting an gun to an infants head. It's morbid and horrible. I wish there was never another abortion.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i agree as well...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 6:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• do you honestly feel a woman who has an abortion (for whatever reason) should be more severely punished than a woman who has been beating and/or otherwise abusing her child for years and years?

I could make a case that the child that has been beaten for years and years (however horrible) is still ALIVE to choose a better life for themselves and contribute to society in the future. Maybe even help other abused kids!!!

But the aborted child is never given a choice or a chance.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• And yes I know that some children are beaten until death....HORRIBLE! Cant stand the thought of it!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I disagree. What happens when the fetus dies and does not abort naturally. You have to go through with an "Abortion" or you committ suicide and kill yourself by the keeping the dead fetus in.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't think i can give a clear answer here. What if you were raped and got pregnant. Would you keep the baby or have an abortion?
    married2thenavy

Answer by married2thenavy at 6:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mom2twobabes took the answers right out of my mouth. An abused child has a chance at a better life. A dead child doesn't.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Completely disagree. Abuse leaves long term injuries, abortion does not. Abuse imposes on the rights of another living individual, Abortion can not do this because the fetus is not an individual, it's completely dependent on the mother for life, a child is not, a child can survive without their parents... Huge difference.

It's also worth noting, if an abusive parent kills their child, they aren't charged with Abuse, they are charged with murder. So even if you believe Abortion is the ending of a life, you still can't actually equate it with abuse...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010