if i cant drink just plain water, but if drink water with those little packets is that fine? or is that bad?

im 27 weeks pregnant with twins and i cant drink just plain or ice cold water.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 6:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• According to the FDA, aspertame is safe for use during pregnancy and lactation, as long as you use it in moderation.... My doctor never told me to avoid it. I am the same way as the OP, I just don't like the taste of plain water. It happens.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• why is it you can't drink water? is it the flavor? cause you could also get a water cooler i usually don't like water, but having instant cold very filtered water it's become my favorite drink. Otherwise I think you're fine with the flavoring
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Seems fine to me, just watch the sugar levels, as too much sugar can dehydrate you.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I do the same thing... Water with Crystal Light iced tea. I do dilute it much more than the instructions say though. I've been doing this throughout my first pregnancy, and am currently pregnant with my second. The way I see it, you're still drinking water, just slightly flavored :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have heard that the aspartame in the packets is bad. When I was pregnant I put lemon juice in my water, tasted better and not as bloated, good luck :0)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You CAN'T drink plain water? Or you don't want to learn to like it? I didn't like plain water either until my first pregnancy and then I drank it until I learned to like it. Water is essential to your health. You can learn to like it. Good luck and happy baby.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Crystal light and all diet drinks have aspertame in them. I wont inject aspertame. I ask my Dr and she said to avoid it too. Just so you know...I mean, yu can do whatever you choose...but thought you shoudl know.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Dont think im weird. but to me water has a nasty taste. even if its filtered or anything. but my doctor just told me to try and drink as much water as possible.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Get the flavored water frm wal.mart or whatever store u shop.
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Artificial sweeteners: No-no food you can't eat when pregnant.The consumption of artificial sweeteners, such as can be found in diet soda, is safe for the general public. No studies show conclusively that it's harmful for humans to consume artificial sweeteners during pregnancy. The risk seems to be lowest with aspartame, while Saccharin has been shown to cause birth defects and cancer in rodent studies. you might choose to limit your consumption of artificial sweeteners during pregnancy. Instead, substitute fruit juice, milk or water.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010