What percentage of Americans have illegally parked in a space reserved for handicapped people?

AnittaT

Asked by AnittaT at 6:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I haven't, but I see people parking all the time that do not look handicap to me.....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm not too sure about that. But this is definitely one of my biggest pet peeves!! Absolutely drives me crazy to see it happen!
    Tori77

Answer by Tori77 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

***

Not all disabilities are physical ones! Epilepsy and autism immediately come to mind!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think the percentage is probably high, I see it a lot, and Lori is right not all disabilities are physical.

Answer by older at 7:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

Are people supposed to get I have Emphysema or I have a Heart Condition tattooed on their foreheads just for you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Aren't those placards for folks with physical disabilities, rendering them unable to walk the additional distance or for those who use specialized equipment that requires extra space that the HCS provides? Can you actually get a sticker because of autism?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think that is one of the worst things a person can do----parking in a Handicapped space is sefish and insensitive. I once called in a License plate of a person parked in one....in a big old truck who didn't have a Handicapped license or sign or any indication of being handicapped. He got a ticket! Yay,me!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't do that. It's rude.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Honestly, it never even occurred to me to do it. Who is too lazy to walk an extra few feet? ?I don't pay attention to who uses them, though, either. I mean I don't look for a plate or a card. The fine is like $700, who would risk it? I guess people do, though.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Wow. I must have missed the part on the forms that says "all handicaps must be visible to people" when I filled them out for my hubby. 

To be honest, my peeve about them is when they have the spaces but no access to the building. Hubby's doctor has the spaces up next to the building but their parking lot is nothing but gravel. Idiots.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010