Did you choose for or against the Santa lie??

Why?

We decided to let our kids believe Santa is real. They are adults now and they turned out great. My mom thought she didn't want to lie to her kids so I never believed in Santa. I wish I had, it's awesome when kids wait for him on Xmas!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Its the magic of being a child! They will have the rest of their lives to deal with reality...

This was a big debate between my husband and I with our son! He thought it was horrible to one day let our children have the let down of finding out Santa wasn't real, and I dont believe it is a let down. I was finally able to convince him and our son does believe in Santa but at 6 years old I think he is already catching on since Santa is at almost every store we go to in the Christmas season! We have tried to convince him that those are just Santa's helpers though! lol

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes we are PRO-imagination, make believe, pretend, whatever you want to call it... LOL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm all for it, because it's fun. I'm pretty sure my pre-teen kids already know, but thankfully they keep lying to me so I can continue to enjoy the fun.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We sure didnt. Dh told the kids the story of St. Nicholas. We explained that although santa is a great concept, he is not real. I dont believe it hurt them in anyway. My son even told us that sneaking into people houses while they are sleep is breaking and entering and most people would be in jail. <~~~~~ says my 8 year old LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

They know the game now, they work their butts off throughout the year for the presents they want. If they do not get it it is because they did not earn it, not because some jolly, round bellied man put them on the naughty list or forgot about them.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my older son is at the age now that he knows Santa is not real but according to him he believes only to get gifts...i think as parents we can do so much then at school thats a different story...nit my other kids still believe
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 6:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Santa is real in our house. My parents never told us that Santa was not real. We did eventually figure it out but it did not scar us for life. I plan to do the same with my daughter. Christmas has always been a magical time for us and Santa still comes to my parents house for my oldest sister who is MR. I may know that Santa is not real but I do believe the magic of Santa.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Santa Claus is real because we make him so. My son is too young yet to understand who santa claus is..maybe this year we'll try introducing the idea. I got lettters every christmas from Santa when I was young, and I loved it. (My parents would write them, until I was old enough to recognize handwriting, and then they found someone else to write them.) I can't wait to start that tradition with my son.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My kids believe in Santa. I think it's fun, they love the magic of Christmas, and I couldn't imagine not having Santa be involved in our Christmas celebration (we aren't religious either, so maybe that is why I feel that way, who cares, it's fun and I love to see how excited my kids get when they see Santa in the mall, or coming around on the fire truck!!)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Santa is real in my house. My daughter loves him and I can't take that joy away from her!!! I love the fact that she believes in Santa, the toothfairy as well as Peter Pan haha!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Against. We believe in teaching by example in all things. We teach our children it's wrong to lie unless it's a life or death issue, and to lie for fun is always wrong. So to tell our children something we know to be untrue simply because it may or may not be fun, would be doing the exact opposite of what we try to teach... Now, our children aren't denied Santa, they still watch Christmas movies and still hear Christmas stories, but they know Santa is pretend, just like Scooby or Spongebob...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010