has anyone given birth to a 34 wk old baby who had two steroid shots and he/she be okay???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have not... but at 34 weeks most babies do very well... I would expect a week or two in the NICU, but the baby should be fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My second son was born at 34 weeks, no steroid shots, he really caught us off guard, lol. He did have a 2 week NICU stay but he's a happy healthy 1 1/2 year old now =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Are you nervous? I'm so sorry! That's the hardest part! Baby will be okay wether he's in the NICU or not. It's scary I know! Hang in there!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My youngest was induced at 34 weeks because I had pre-eclampsia. He spent 12 days in the NICU with brachycardia and apnea spells the first week. The other 5 days were spent getting him able to maintain his body temperature in the bassinet. He was born at 4 lbs, 1 oz, 18" long. He's now a healthy 6 year old with no health problems whatsoever.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oh, and yes, I had been given steroid shots for his lungs a week before he was born.
    Ginger0104

• I was one born 6 weeks earlier and im healthy :-)
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 8:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my daughter was born at 28 weeks and they gave her steroids for her lungs, she is 11 yrs old now and in good health!!!
    mommaof2and1

Answer by mommaof2and1 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I gave birth to twins at 33weeks and 3days that had two rounds of steriods...They were just fine. Only spent one week in NICU that was cause they were having feeding issues and temp issues.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 8:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My youngest was born at 34 weeks, he had the steroid shots, but was in the NICU for two weeks. We had some feeding, temperature, bowel movement and apnea issues at first, but he hasn't been really sick since the day we brought him home. He's still on the small side (he's 2.5 now), but you'd never know that he had such a rough start.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010