Quilt Kits

This Christmas I want to make my mother a quilt, but I want to cheat a little and purchase a precut quilt kit. (around the earth tone colors) Its so hard quilting with 2 little ones, but I just can't think of anything else for her. So my question is, where can I find the best quilt kits.. Ive been looking all over the web, and everything is not modern.. alot are too old for her taste, or just plain tacky. I'm hoping someone can gift me the knowledge of where to look for such kits. Thanks.

MKSers

Asked by MKSers at 7:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• The best way to find a good kit is to see it in person - do you have any quilt stores nearby? I always find TONS of kits that I want when I go to a quilt show and visit the vendors there. Do you know if you have a quilt show coming up in your area? I am looking for some websites for you too, but that was what first came to mind.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thanks so much, I have a quilt store in my area that I have yet to check out. I'm nervous about going since they are so much more advanced than me
    MKSers

Comment by MKSers (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Online the fat quarter shop and fabrics.com have some beautiful quilt kits. Can be pricey though. Walmart and Joann's have some pre cut fabrics also. Hope this helps.

chrstn_rm

Answer by chrstn_rm at 4:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Look on Etsy. Great selection of current designer fabrics.
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 1:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010