is this normal -agressive 6 year old

I look after my sisters kids - boy is 6, girl is 5. Girl plays very well on her own and has a good imagination, Boy on the other hand can't seem to think of any thing to play that doesn't involve 2 toys hitting off each other so hard they either break or someone gets hurts, or jumping on the couches, running and screaming like a mad man or jumping on the other kids.Usually all 3 at once.
I tell him to stop and discipline him (so does his mother) but with in 5 minutes he is doing it again. He can't even sit and watch a tv program for more than 5-10 minutes with out doing flips on the couch or some other nonsense.
When we go out side to play it is 10x worse. He can't run around with out swinging his arms all time (which leads to him hitting the other kids) or doing random high kicks (which leads to him kicking the other kids). And then the whole time we are outside he screams (roars) at the top of his lungs.
Is this normal ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• um.... to some point its not entirely out of the norm... although maybe adhd... you also have to look at what's going on around... how much outside time has he had, what is he eating etc.
    Instead of NO, try teaching HOW to do play and remind GENTLE instead of STOP.
    The upside down watching... Well... that's not totally out of control... at least for me.
    My dd is also MUCH calmer then ds
    How about Lego's they work wonders with my son? Also if doing high kicks.. teach where and when its okay etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Ehh.. I think he should be tested for ADHD or Autism..... Sounds more like Adhd, which can be treated with or without drugs.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010