my son gets stuck

ok so my 9 month son gets stuck into small and strange places: like under the coffee table. and between the couch and side table and they are like an inch or two apart. how can i stop him from getting stuck?

dement

Asked by dement at 7:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Block them with pillows. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• ok ty but i dont think i have that many pillows lol
    dement

Comment by dement (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• sounds like he's just exploring and the more he does it the quicker he will learn the space is too small for him. I am sure it gets draining removing him over and over but he will get the hang of it soon :-)
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 8:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That's totally normal. You will spend much time getting him out of and off of things. :)
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• He'll stop eventually. Probably when he finds a new cubby spot. I dont know what it is about kids, but they live little cozy alcoves.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Exactly what the PP's said. He's going to explore and get stuck in places. Try not to avoid it - one day he will have to know how to get OUT of those places on his own, know what I mean? Just keep him from things that are dangerous.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You can either block these places or let him wander and explore. Exploring is part of their cognitive learning.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010