maternity insurance

I know nothing about it, but i need some advice, who would you recommend i get covered by?.. Im not pregnant, but soon i wish to be... HELP!

HaviksMum

Asked by HaviksMum at 7:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Medicaid will almost always cover you if you're pregnant.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Any health insurance should cover pregnancy and the birth. I didn't know there was a such thing as just maternity insurance except for medicaid.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have United health care. Shopping around for insurance before your pregnant is very important. Some insurance won't cover maternity until you've had the policy for 6 months.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• alot of insurances have a policy where you have to be covered for six months before you can get pregnant and they cover it.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• The company i work for won't cover maternity until you have had your policy 9-12 months (depending on the state). This is blue cross blue shield. You will be denied coverage all together if you are already pregnant when you apply. That is pretty standard with all insurance companies as they don't want the risk of picking up the tab on the delivery with possible complications, nicu bills etc.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 7:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i was actually looking into that, but I can't buy it since i'm already 30 wks pregnant. I don't know what's your situation, not sure if your employer will cover your entire maternity. I think the insurance is to cover you if you want to take off early before you are due, it pays you certain amount. If I know this earlier I would get it, just in case of complications and it seems like have many other benefits depend on your state. You should get a quote and get to know all these laws.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010