Is Tylenol pm safe?

As long as it's not the rapid release gells?

Lovelymee23

Asked by Lovelymee23 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My Ob said that it is okay to take because it is just tylenol with benadryl. I had already been told the same thing by a friend but I waited to take it until after I double checked with my doctor first.
    pinkie8986

Answer by pinkie8986 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would check with a doctor since there is something in there to help you sleep
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes it is totally safe. I was allowed to take that and Benadryl to sleep. I couldn't sleep from pain issues. The sleep aid in Tylenol PM is perfectly safe. It doesn't matter if it's rapid release or not.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• it's tylenol plus benadryl - as long as your doc oks those (mine does) you're good - tylenol pm is on my list of ok meds from my ob.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You need to check w/ your Dr. or pharmacist if you have concerns over a possible reaction to any medications. (That includes herbals)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Tylenol is safe but any type of drowsy medication it will depend on your doctor since they know more about your situation.
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My doctor said yes... He said Tylenol was safe, just don't take anything else or excessive amounts.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oh yeah, my doctor also told me if I just needed to sleep and didn't need the acetamenphen from tylenol, you can buy the night time sleep aid by itself. Look on the bottle under active ingredents for the sleep aid name. It's very mild.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes. The sleep aid in tylenol pm is benadryl. benadryl is safe to take while pregnant.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yes, you can take tylenol Pm...if you just need a sleep aid and no pain meds take simply sleep by tylenol instead or benedryl...they all have the same active ingredient, diphenhydramine....its all benedryl

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010