Evening Primrose Oil

Has anyone taken Evening Primrose Oil in their pregnancy.
I've read up on it, and know that it should not be taken until after 37 weeks of pregnancy, and that it can also be massaged directly onto the cervix.
It can help to ripen the cervix to help encourage labor or to speed labor.

Has this worked from your experiance with Evening Primrose Oil at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• quality essential oils are very powerful. i wouldn't mess with them unless you know what you're doing...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used it. The tablets. Didn't work at all. All it does is give you a big greasy mess in your panties. Nothing makes you go into labor. Your body will do it when it's good and ready. I would never massage my cervix with anything, that doesn't even sound safe.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• As for home induction remedies, none of them set you into labor I meant.Primrose oil has small amounts of prostiglandens in them thats where the idea comes from. If it does it's because you were going to anyway.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i did didnt work at all
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I know 3 people that did it. It worked for all of them but they were all told by thier docs to do it. They were all already dilating as well.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010