Adoption

Do you know any good books on how to tell a child their are adopted? My son is not even born yet, but I need ideas on how to raise him and letting him know he's adopted from day one.

He's not going to have any contact with his biological parents at all.

mygirlpaige

Asked by mygirlpaige at 7:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Adoption

• Make sure it's part of the story of your family,all the time, even from before he's old enough to understand. Biological parents tell their children the story of the night of their birth and we should tell our children who were adopted the story of how they came to be part of our families just as proudly. Congratulations!!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Have you tried Google Books? I am sure that subject is covered. Congrats on the new baby!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Congrats on the new baby! Sorry I can't offer any help on the book front, though.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't think that there is really a need for a book. You just talk about it. My husband was adopted and he was just always told that a a really nice lady who lived in rain forest (he was adopted from centeral america) was really special because she made him for his mom and dad to raise. While our son is our bio son, he knows about his dad being adopted and tells people about the really nice lady in the jungle (his words) who grew his daddy in her belly. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thank you mrsmom!!
    mygirlpaige

Comment by mygirlpaige (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thanks QueenMomma!!
    mygirlpaige

Comment by mygirlpaige (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Okay I am adopted my mom told me when I was three for the first time and she talked about it every year.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That's really nice karamille! :) Thanks everyone!
    mygirlpaige

Comment by mygirlpaige (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010