Do you feel like this world is becoming overpopulated with selfish people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Everone is selfish in their own way, it's human nature.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• YES!! it's getting worse i think, because it's so acceptable, even encouraged in this society. the bully wins, screwing others to get ahead is no longer a social crime, it's expected.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 8:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Every time I feel that way, I turn off the news! Whenever there is a disaster, you can witness quite the opposite in people who volunteer & donate. Most people are still inherently good. Keep the faith.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope, I think it's always been this way...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I believe in helping but there comes a time when you have to circle the wagons
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Honey,it takes all types to make this world go around.Just think how boring life would be if everyone was the same.Also,keep in mind that you can learn from those selfish people.You also have a choice of who you choose to be around and the people you have an issue with,say a prayer for them, & then let go.Learn from them.And remember that no one is perfect in this world.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 8:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't think that they are becoming selfish and self entitled, but that they are raised that way. If parents don't make it easy for their kids then they aren't selfish or self entitled.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think there is a lot of entitlement and selfishness in society today. People seem to want to give only if there is something in it for themselves. I recently had an issue where a "friend" (thought she was a friend) told people that I was a show off because of my parties - I don't ask anyone to bring anything. I do things for my friends and family because I love them, she felt I did it to prove something. Her jaded view really made me wonder what is wrong with people.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't get out enough, LOL...
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010