how to find a good, reasonable mechanic?

Mine is driving me nuts! I took the car in yesterday early am and at 5pm, I called him and he told me the parts still hadnt come in. So I walked back there and got the car. He told me to bring it back this afternoon, after work and now he is telling me only one of the parts came in, now I gotta walk all the way back up there to a have finished car! Ugh!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• first u look online a see how much the part is..an if u can have it shipped to your house..then u call around to at least 5 mechanics with in 5-10 miles from your house an see what the original price is..then find out what the price is after u let them know that u have the part..cause the parts arent usually that expensive as they say it is..then they say its the parts an labor fee they charging u..most time it only takes 10 min-1hr to fix most things on your especially if he has well over 2yrs of experience...i use to be a mechanic..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Ask around. Most good reasonable mechanics are 'mom and pop' shops who's only real advertising is word of mouth.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i would ask someone in your family or a friend to recomend someone they trust! i agree with But Mommie
    mommaof2and1

Answer by mommaof2and1 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• ask friends,neighbors and co workers for recommendations...personal experiences say the most

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Friends and family are the best people to ask if any mechanic is good or reputable, and they are stilll VERY hard to find a good, honest one.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Whether it's my car or household repairs, I go to the better business bureau website to check out a business. Word of mouth is my 2nd way- but I will still check them out on the BBB site. Good luck!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• its hard especially as a woman b/c the guys tend to talk down to me. I have asked some girlfriends & neighbors to find a good one.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 9:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My hubby ofcourse
    JV1981

Answer by JV1981 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Good luck!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2010