What is the best way to clean a microfiber couch?

I have a 3 y/o who seems to think that it is okay to spill everything on the couch... She will miss the floor completely, but the couch seems to serve as a drop cloth for everything she posses. Any Tips?

blackbudrfly

Asked by blackbudrfly at 8:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use a clean white washcloth, and Mr Clean spray cleaner. (My couch is light tan). I've even removed smashed raspberries with this method.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• :D OMG that's funny... don't we all go thru that... :D Well my girl didn't spill everything known to man on our microfiber couch, but she did write all over it with a ball point pen. I found out from a friend that simple rubbing alcohol and a white cloth to rub it with took it right out! maybe it will do the same for you?
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I **HIGHLY** suggest purchasing a slip cover. I wash it every week when the kids are in bed. It allowed me to quit stressing about the spills, Best $90 I ever spent.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have microfiber suede couches... light tan with tan and brown pillows... My husband got chocolate ice cream on the light tan part of the couch....

I used a wash cloth - cool water - SUN dish soap (unscented).... hand scrubbed the sections... - allowed them to air dry then had to re-scotch guard them but you can't even tell or see any mark or anything where the chocolate ice cream was or where formula has gotten on it or anything...

Hope this helps you!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My answer is diaper wipes :) And I say so with experience and a clean microfiber couch.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree with post above.. diaper wipes can clean anything!
    mevsthem

Answer by mevsthem at 11:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Thanks ladies, you guys have given me a lot of great tips.I am assured that there is a clean micorfiber couch in my future...LOL
    blackbudrfly

Comment by blackbudrfly (original poster) at 5:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010