• In the Spotlight:

prego and can't eat!!

ok so im about 13 - 14 weeks pregnant and i still can't everything taste bad and i can only eat like 2 bites and im full. this is my sec. baby and i didnt go tho this with my son. just a lil worried that if im can't eat that im going o hurt the baby. i have to make myself eat as it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry so much about input as much as the #'s on the scale..... baby can eat from whatever fat reserves you have for awhile. Find a taste you're most tolerating (IE sweet) and push jello, pudding made with whole milk, popcicles, and so on.

Good luck!

PS another option is to hit a buffet. Seeing lots of food in 1 place can be helpful.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• smoothies!!!!
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 8:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• your body will take care of the baby during this period...dont worry....its what you were built to do : ).....BUT STAYING HYDRATED IS VERY IMPORTANT AND WILL MAKE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER!!!......i was amazed at how easy it was to get dehydrated while i was preg....and sometimes i didnt even know that was the problem until i sat down and had a glass of water and felt so much better a lil while later....GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I was like that until i'm 16 weeks, after all my morning sickness went away I started to gain weight very easy. Don't worry just give a little more time. As long your baby is normal weight you'll be fine, just take vitamin and drink milk. I didn't gained too much weight, but as long the baby is gaining and healthy that's fine according to my OB.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Just take your vitamins. My friend just told me that when she was so sick with her first that she couldn't keep anything down, she started the day with a slimfast (I would probably use ensure or something else though) and it coats the stomach enough to let you know if you are really hungry or not. Just eat super light and often when you can.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Have you talked to your doctor about it because maybe they can give you something to help. Make sure you take your prenatal vitamins.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2010