if your SO is ever gone for days, weeks, or months on end for work, do you?

let the house work go a little bit? not so that it becomes a hazardous waste area of course, but leave the dishes over night, not vacuum a day or two, not clean the bathroom as often? stuff like that

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I go nuts and clean like crazy when he is first gone then it just stays clean when he's not around.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 8:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My husband works away from home for months on end. With him gone it is much easier to keep the house clean, and I have more time for housework. So, no, it's cleaner when he is gone lol
    mehargval

Answer by mehargval at 8:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My hubby sleeps here everynight, but other than that is rarely home. I never keep a tidy house. I actually clean more when I have time just to myself.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have been married to an over the road truck driver for 8 years and I have stuck to my normal routine whether he was there or not.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yes i'm sorry to say i do!
    bobo69

Answer by bobo69 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I clean more when he isn't here and I go crazy cleaning when my 2 yo is gone.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I find that I clean more when he is away...I think its just because i have extra time on my hands and i get bored.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my hubby isnt picky. He wouldnt care if I kept up wiht the cleaning. He knows I am one to somewhat keep it up but now that school is back(im a teacher) I dont keep up as much.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 9:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I clean to past the time. I miss him and it helps keep my mind busy. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Who waits til he's gone!? LOL I do cheat a little - he works nights so yes, I do let the dishes go sometimes and will do them up in the morning before he gets home :) Seriously, the rare times he has been gone the house is much cleaner and easier to keep that way. It is unclear if it is because he is not here to mess it up or because I have more time to myself in order to get it done.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010