What is something you do, or don't do as a parent, that you don't share very much to avoid judgement?

Sometimes I get so tired of breaking up fights with the kids every second, so I ignore them and let them duke it out.

I get drunk once a week late at night when the kids go to sleep.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I let my son sleep in my bed when he wants to.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my head can spin around in a full rotation if they are late for school and it makes me late for work!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I let her eat candy every day. I don't have a first aid kit.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I've been known to sit my daughter in front of her favorite show if I don't feel up to running around with her :( I hate being sick and having no energy. I feel guilty for it, but I would rather do that than end up getting so light headed I pass out while I'm home alone with her.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I sometimes reach my breaking point and yell at her to leave me alone, but I feel incredibly guilty for it b/c she doesn't know any better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My 2 year old still uses a pacifier to sleep.
    My home has never been "baby-proofed".
    I don't have formal sit-down meals with my toddler. We mainly graze.
    I don't spank.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mrs.B, when my ds was born and my ex had a business trip, I sat my 2 yr old dd up in front of the tv for a week, I think we watched Barney the dino about a hundred times...lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yah, I did the TV thing after I had my surgery. I had no $$ for a nanny, no family or friends available and I could hardly walk and I had a fever of 103! I put them in front of the tv, had hubby fence off the living room for safety and changed diapers from the couch and had hubby make crock pot meals so I only got up to feed the kids, and go to the bathroom. He had to go to work. Some family said something, but do you think they offered to help?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have TRIED to do the TV thing too. But she's not very interested in TV and she's never watched a whole movie by herself while I'm doing something else.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't make my dd go to bed at 8pm...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010