• In the Spotlight:

Do you believe that is is possible to love your husband, but not be in love with him?

My friend and her husband are in the middle of a separation and are trying to work things out, but she told me today that she love him, but she isn't in love with him anymore. I don't see how that is possible. Maybe it is just me?

Leigh519121

Asked by Leigh519121 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that is all just a game of semantics. Screwing around with word meanings...

I think a lot of times when people say that...what they are really feeling is more of a "relaxed" love than a hot and heavy teenage love...the cool down has happened and it doesnt FEEL like love anymore.

I think in a lot of cases love is a choice....one that you make every week...sometimes every DAY! lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It is definitely possible. Do you love your mother? Your siblings? Friends? But you aren't in love with them, are you? It's the same thing. You just get to a point sometimes where you don't have "those" kinds of feelings for someone, but they still mean a great deal to you and you care about their well being and the like. That's how my husband is, now, but I'm still in love with him.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't think it's possible either. I love my dh. Even during the bad times. There are times I don't like him very much, but I still love him.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes I do I think you can really love your spouse but not be in love with him
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• in my head's dictionary- "in love" is a feeling, a hormone type reaction.

really loving is a choice one makes. true love- choosing to love means a lot more than just in love, in my mind.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 9:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• that in love feeling comes and goes. that is not the foundation of a relationship. it is hard to feel that way about someone you are having issues with. but if they still love each other they can change it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it is rather difficult to maintain that "IN LOVE" feeling for so many years... for me anyway... I love my husband....
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010