Have you ever made garden stepping Stones?

We got a box at Wal_Mart and it can make 4 but they would all have to be the same 4 flower design to which I don't want. I know I could use a pie tin for a round one but what about others to make any ideas?

I want to make one to help us remember my BIL so I would like to be able to carve his name in there and the date of his birth & death.

Also when would you add the stones that come with it and how do you know they would stay where you wanted them too? Thanks

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• you can get different plastic molds at a place like michael's but make sure you spray them with cooking oil so they will come out. the stones stay in place but it takes a long time for the cement to dry
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• we made some using a redi-mix concrete, we made our handprints and wrote our names and dated it....we didn't use a mold we just cut out the sod in an oval shape, poured in the redi-mix, smoothed it our with a trowl and put our hands in the mix...messy but fun!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would go through a website. They have ones that you tell them what to engrave and they are more professional than anything I could do at home.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010