sorry if this is a stupid question... but what does Heart burn feel like?

I have like a burning in my really upper chest and throat, but i've been sick too (cold). It feels horrible. I've never had heartburn, so just wondering if it's that or something else....

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 9:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

• That sounds like heartburn. Have you ever drank liquor that burned on the way down? It feel similar to that, in my opinion.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thats what heartburn feels like for me, I usually pop a tums and it settles it down usually. You might want to discuss this with a doctor b/c there is medication that can help you with this.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yep, sounds like it. If you don't have anything to take for it drink some cold water but not to much. That always helped me.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• you have heartburn dear.Get some Tums or Rolaids.I use Prilosec.That is the best but expensive.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 9:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• What can i use while pregnant? I'm pretty sure tums is okay... rite?
    young-not-dumb

Comment by young-not-dumb (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010