Tooth fairy?

DS has his first loose tooth ! yay! so exciting!

But I was wondering what a first tooth goes for these days?

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• we did $5 for the first tooth and have done $2 for each since...The "tooth fairy" left him a note congratulating him on his first tooth and explained that $5 was special for the first tooth. we didnt want him to expect that much everytime. i also told him that the tooth fairy pays by how clean the tooth is so he has to brush well and take good care of all of his teeth. he is almost 8 now and has figured us out but its still fun...It seems like after that first tooth they fall out like crazy!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Wow, I don't remember getting anything but the damn tooth. LOL really LOL but I'd say more than $5.00 is way too much with the # of teeth in your mouth., personally $1.00 sounds good right now with the economy. BUT, I'm a Gr-Mother, so you can't go by me and I'm still LOL with what I got, the tooth.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i'd give a dollar
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• For the little ones, $1, when they got older it went up to $5. Not sure how that happened, I think we didn't have change one time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My son just lost his first tooth last week. He informed me that the tooth fairy gives $2 because that is what his friend said. I gave him $2 plus a note from the tooth fairy.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mommy gives $5 per tooth - $20 for the last...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• With the economy the way it is... I think he would be happy with a dollar...lol....He will think he is rich...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• First tooth $5. Every tooth after that..depends on cavities. LOL. If there is a cavity its only a $1. Could be up to $3.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Wow! These kids are making out on teeth! $5 & $2 a tooth! We don't do the tooth fairy so I am not up on the current rate. lol
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• ok so now I am thinking his first tooth 5 bucks and a note, every tooth after that a buck and the last one 20 and a note (but that'll be a long ways away! lol)
    EarthMama05

Comment by EarthMama05 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010