what books do you read to your baby?

my DD is 10 weeks and ive been reading Dr Seuss to her.....she smiles really big at the pictures : ) what did/do you read to your babies?? are there any books that i HAVE to have?? i plan to continue reading to her until she can read herself...

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My MIL gave me a set of four board books by Sandra Boynton. I started reading them to my baby when he was very young. I couldn't believe it when he would LAUGH OUT LOUD to the books! They are so fun and silly and I couldn't believe that my young BABY was actually laughing to a book so early. Some of her titles are: Moo,Baa, La La La; Blue Hat Green Hat; The Going to Bed Book; Doggies. Have fun with these!
    sugarhigh

Answer by sugarhigh at 9:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I read everything to her all the time!!!! She likes the foot book and I like theres a wocket in my pocket from dr. seuss but I read everything to her, sometimes when I'm studying I read my notes to her too lol.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mo Willems books are really cute. I just checked out Knuffle Bunny A Cautionary Tale from the library. Very cute. I also like the Sandra Boynton books. Snuggle Puppy and Hippos Go Berserk are probably my favorites.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Pout Pout Fish. It's soo cute and DS loves it, even now. (he's 2)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• we love the mo willems books, don't let the pidgeon stay up late is our fav for bedtime...but they are more interactive toddler.. When my kids were little I liked reading dr. suess , we have a really cute twinkle little star book, and Chicka Chicka boom boom.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• First book I ever read Glenn was a Dr. Suess book. We still read those! I think they're great for babies... rhyming in a sing-song voice really relaxes them.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Rainbow fish is a great book for babies because the pages are shiny. Any books with textures and bright colors are great! I always loved reading Goodnight Moon to him too, my voice just automatically took on this soothing sound whenever I'd read it.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 11:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We have some Eric. Carle books. We have a set of matching books where the pages are split and the top has a picture that matches to the bottom. I make up the story to go with the matching game.

She is into paper and likes to rip it so sometimes I tell her stories while we look at the pottery barn catalog and then I let her wrinkle the pages. She is 4 months.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• All different books, esp with great illustrations

Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• anything!! we already read the hobbit to our son 7wks!! and dont stop reading to them just cause they can read its still a great parent child time most people give up
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010