Does your husband/SO have the delusion that your child is going to be a professional athlete?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 9:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. My DH hates sports and athletes... He thinks they are all "in the closet." And since I have two pro-football players in the family, I have to say they are just closet assholes... So, no, neither of us would ever entertain ideas of athletic stardom for our children... We are kind of thinking our youngest will make a wonderful Soap Star though...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• no,but I know of those parents

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No and my husband loves sports you have just don't let it get out of control where is is forcing the child into sports and putting too much pressure on I use to hate the dads at games that scream and cuss while the kids cries after bc they are so scared to face them if they ddnt do well
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sort of. Ever since Brody was born he's dreamt of him becoming a professional racer. I don't think he's delusioned about it, his whole family is into racing.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 10:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My hubby and I don't really care. If either of our boys want to play sports, of course, we will support them. We won't push them. And, if they want to quite, that's fine too.
    Now, my BIL on the other hand, seems to think my oldest will be a star fottball player and wrestler. He believes this of the same child who is scared of butterfiles and moths. lol. So, I think he is a bit off on his estimation with him. NOw, my younger one, he is built for football, but I don't know if he would like the physical part of it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No he didn't, he's grown now and he didn't turn out to be one either. Now my SIL does think it though of my GR-son, my POOR Gr-Son.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope - he'd love it if they were, but neither of us expect it to happen. He's just happy that they love football and are having fun playing it. But that's one reason we're steering clear of hockey. So many parents here think their kid is the next Gretsky or Crosby, and put way too much pressure on not only their kids, but the coaches, refs and everyone else involved.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope. Not that he wouldnt like it though
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2010