Pro-choicers...have you ever watched videos or seem pictures of abortion? Do you still feel pro-choice?

Have you watched abortion videos or seen pictures of aborted babies? I just ask because I was kind of pro-choice before I looked at the pictures of babies bloodied torn off limbs and crushed little heads! Picture after picture of dead babies and some as old as 24 weeks. Have you fully informed and educated yourself of what all it entails to have an abortion before making your decision to either be pro-choice or pro-life?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I've seen the videos, I've seen the pictures, and Yep, still pro-choice. I don't generally support late term abortions, if the baby has the ability to live outside the womb, then give it up... But if it can't live outside the mother, it isn't an independent life - it can't be - so therefore you aren't killing anything... But frankly, it's not up to me what someone else chooses to do. But I can't think of anything that would make me feel like it was okay for our government to decide what was or wasn't a life or what medical procedures someone could or couldn't choose to have done to their own body... So, yes, I am fully educated and informed, I wouldn't have it any other way, and I still wouldn't ever say it's my place - or the place of the government - to decide for someone else what they should do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have. Most are either A) actually stillborn/miscarried babies B) done outside the united states. Partial birth abortions are currently banned.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I feel the same about watching videos of child abuse for those women who are forced to carry their fetus to term or the ones that are born addicted to drugs and/or alcohol or with HIV for the same reason
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Most of the propaganda used by prolife sites is fraudulant. ITs not depicting what they claim its depicting.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree with sabrinambowen
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 9:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Omg 24 weeks? I'm 25 weeks and can feel my little one moving. Is that even legal? Wow that's freaking ridiculous. Poor babies.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have and I'm still pro-choice. Mostly because if it were illegal and girls/women could not legally have one I think that some would go to pretty awful extremes to do it on their own
    like the girl in Utah who paid a guy to punch her in the stomach for that very reason...there are very few clinics in Utah and I think she felt she didn't have much other choice.
    That doesn't mean I WANT anyone to have one, but I think having a safe place to go is important
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Have you fully informed and educated yourself of what all it entails to have an abortion before making your decision to either be pro-choice or pro-life?

Yes, I am totally against abortion for ME! MY choice, my decision. I don't think the government has the right to decide what a woman does with her body.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Most are propaganda by pro-life groups. Partial birth abortions are illegal in the U.S.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have and I am kinda on the fence about it. If there is a reason such as rape or medical concern or the mother knows she cant provide for the baby then yes I am pro choice. At the same time I strongly disagree with those woman who use abortion as a birth control method.
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2010