For those who have become pregnant with an IUD in place...

Is it possible to get a negative pregnancy test result due to the IUD? I'm three days late and the test is negative. I've been extremely fatigued the last two weeks. YIKES.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It does not increase your chances of a false negative or interfere with the hormone it tests for in any way. Test again in a couple days with your first morning urine and if it's still negative go see the doc and find out what's going on.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i myself have an iud and ive had it since june i havent had a period since the mid of july so yes its very normal but if ur still concerned talk to ur doc and see if he'll do a blood test just to make sure good luck with everything
    ~kaleigh's mom~
    blue_eyes11

Answer by blue_eyes11 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I've had the IUD in for 17 months. My period returned 7 months ago and has been regular to the day, to the hour, each month since. That's why I'm worried and coupled with the fatigue, that worries me. I'm going to test again in the AM and see what happens. I will def need to go to the doc just to be sure. THANKS.
    Anonymous