What should I do??

I don't know if I want to be married to my husband anymore, he is unsupportive and blames me for most of the problems in the household, I just really want to talk to other mom out there that maybe are feelilng the same way!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• What about counseling? Maybe you can work through things.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Honestly, I'm having a tough time myself these days. How long have you two been together? Hubby and I have been together 22 years (23 this December).
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We have been together almost 9 years. We tried counceling a few years ago, only went 1 time. I just don't think he loves me anymore either!! I just don;t know what to do!!
    Michelleb05

Answer by Michelleb05 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my husband and i go through alot of crap and some days i feel like this. but when it really comes down to it we are able to work through things and although a couple weeks ago i was just over it all lately he has been the wonderful man i married. with the blaming, do not defend yourself or give explanations - i.e. don't engage in the drama he is trying to create. look up how to respond to these things - or go to counseling yourself if he won't agree to go. my husband tends to be a blamer when he is feeling bad about himself. it doesn't do me any good to point out what's really going on, but a counselor helped give me tools on shutting that down without argument. i can't remember the best way to share it with you but i tell him i will not be blamed. when i learned how to really hold my boundaries and demand respect things improved alot.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• 10 years with my hubby and been through it a few times myself.

in my case I got quite sick and was told by the doctor that getting my stress down was the key in my complicated health situation.

hubby took a good look at himself and finally realized that I was doing my best, and we needed to work with what we had, not what he wanted us to have.

I would see about a counselor if it was me, best of luck.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sometimes you need to try a few different counsellors to find the right fit. If you want to fight for your marriage (and you need to sit down and decide this..there is no rush in making this decision either..take all the time you need) then you need to go to counselling and if you don't find a good fit with the first counsellor you try another until you find one that works.

Honestly honey things can't usually change and improve without outside help. I hope, if it's what you want, you can find some that helps. There are days I look at my husband and think WTF was I doing when I married this putz but then I try to imagine my life without him (go read the Dear Tim journal posts if you haven't already) and I know I never want to know what it's really like without him in my life.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mail me personally, after looking at my profile.......
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• pray for guidence on wht u shold do
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I've been married for nine years and I have felt the same way you do. But we have made it work and I feel like we will keep making it work. Even when he drives me crazy I know he loves me. If you don't feel your husband loves you anymore maybe you should sit down and talk to him about it. And of course counseling is a great idea. Good luck!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• He blames you for everything? Evidently he doesn't know how to put some of the blame on himself. I would try counseling if he could manage to go. But it takes two to play the blame game. Your kids don't need the arguing going on in the house, I would try to work something out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2010