Am I just being silly or do I have a right to worry?

My daughter has had a set of tubes placed in her ears (late Feb of this year). Well, one has come out and healed but she is building up MORE fluid (which almost caused her to go deaf before coupled with the infections) and has had a runny nose since birth. Due to this the doctor is going to remove her addnoids and place fresh tubes in each ear as well as remove the one from the right and plug the current hole. This will keep her from potentially having to undergo more surgery in a month or so if the same thing happens on the right that has on the left.

Since she has had tubes before am I being silly because I am depressed that she is having to do surgery again and that I am worried to death again for her? I mean, you never know what could happen... but she HAS to have it done.

Am I being silly? She is only 3 1/2. :(

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You're not being silly, I'd be worried as well. She's your baby, you know? If you believe this is the right thing for her, it IS the right thing. Good luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have 4 girls and one is your DD's age. She had her hearing effected by infection & fluid too. I would be worried no matter how many times. That is so normal, mama. Does she have any food allergies?
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No, it's not silly to worry about your child. I worry everyday for my little girl after all we've been through with her.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My youngest son has had it done three times. If she went through it okay the first time, I wouldn't worry so much about it, at least you already know what to expect.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• u have the right to be worried if u didnt worry no matter how many times she has had it done then u wouldnt be called mommy..tho i have given birth more than once..each time i did my daddy worried each an every time...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Not anymore. She used to be lactose intolerant but she outgrew the worst of it.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010