SO... can a person TURN GAY?

I was under the impression that either you were gay or you weren't...

Yet somehow people suddenly "FIGURE OUT" OR "TURN BI-SEXUAL/Homosexual"

Well assuming that the previously argued"were born this way.." arguement is true.. then what is the rational reasoning behind the "bi/tri/ and Turning over to another sexuality" make the people behaving that way?

I propose it makes them TERMANALLY CONFUSED!

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe some people are born gay and some people do in fact "turn gay". I believe this because I've had openly gay people tell me that they were NOT earlier in life. Completely hetero.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Perhaps it's not that they're turning gay, but that they're realizing that they are? My mother was married to my father for 25 years, met the right woman, and fell in love with her. She left my father, and now she's married to the other woman. She wasn't happy with my father for the majority of the marriage. It just took the woman coming along to make her realize who she was.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it's more that they are finally accepting who they've always known they are. Face it, it's not exactly acceptable to be gay or bi, so a lot of people ignore who they really are in order to please family, friends, and society. I think what they are figuring out is that it's ok for them to be who they are.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I really think you are born with a predisposition towards one sex or the other. I think those who seem to "suddendly become gay" really are just individuals who have come to terms with something inside them that they have been fighting all their lives.

You are raised to believe that boy like girls and vice versa, so I would imagine that it would be hard to accept that sometimes boys like boys and girls like girls.

personally, for me, love is love, and it is not my place to decide that my love for my husband is any more right or pure then your love for your partner. I say, BE HAPPY and fuck everyone who tries to force their views on you
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• confusedI have no idea...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• no to imply that you are gay yourself....just wanted to clarify
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• your are born gay.

you are also born bi

It is simple
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I believe we are born this way.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it starts at puberty when you start having feelings and urges. then when you realise that  your more stimulated by looking at your own sex then you are the opposite sex..

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it's a choice for a lot of people. Maybe some are born that way, but for most, they decide...for whatever reason. Maybe they identify with that lifestyle more. My best friend in high school just found me on Facebook recently, and I was shocked that she's lesbian now. We told each other everything in our BFF days....including which boys we liked. She made a choice.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2010