Barely breastfeeding anymore.. so what about a period?

I have already gotten one period before right before my 6 week checkup and i had it for about a week and now i am still partially breastfeeding.. but not much. A little bit each day but mostly formula. I am not overdue for a period yet but just paranoid. lol. It should be here anyday but would there be any reason why i would not get it regularly yet? Blake will be 10 weeks thursday and i got my last one around 6 weeks. I believe around the 30th or so. Just have a huge phobia of being preggo again since i am not on BC yet!

MamaHardy2008

Asked by MamaHardy2008 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

• It can take awhile for your period to return to a regular schedule. Breastfeeding is not a reliable form of birth control under any circumstances. You don't know when you will start ovulating again... hopefully you dodge the bullet this month. Talk to your Dr and get on some form of BC if you don't want another baby soon.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If you're worried, take a test. But it's completely normal for your period not to be normal yet. It can take a while.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• if you don't want irish twins, definitely start using some BC and if you don't start by Monday, I would buy a test.
    sarasotamomtobe

Answer by sarasotamomtobe at 1:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2010