What do you think about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

It made me cry.

KatieG04

Asked by KatieG04 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• how is disagreeing with the iraq war disrespectful to servicemen and women?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• What a brave young man. First to have served our country in the most awesome way, sacrificing his time, his life at home with loved ones, and now, a part of his own body. Second, that he would stand in front of the thousands who will view this video and take the chance that someone will disrespect him. Wow, he's a true hero. I have 3 heros of my own who now serve: My 3rd child, who serves in the Air Force, a son who is has been serving in Bagdad for almost one year, and one son-in-law who is in training and on his way to Iraq in a few months.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• cont...Each one of my boys willingly, signed up b/c they love their country. They care about our freedoms and the freedoms of other peoples. The liberals can preach all day long about loving the other countries, about serving the poor and those without a voice, yet they do not respect the men who GO into that world, and serve those without that voice. My dear step son in Iraq talks to the people of that region and is reminded why he is there. God Bless America.
    lifeasinoit

• lifeasinoit, your sons are heros, and I hope they come home safe to you. Being a Liberal does not stop you from loving this country or from supporting our troops. My husband is Active Duty Navy and so is my brother, they are both Liberals. My husband is a good man who does his job and does it well. Like everyone in the military today, he volunteered to serve his country, and he chooses to make it his life's work. Being a Liberal doesn't make him less of a good Navy man.  We know what it is to be a family that serves, please excuse us if we believe that being Patriotic means helping those here at home as well as those in foreign lands.

craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 3:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my step brother is also in Iraq right now.
    KatieG04

Answer by KatieG04 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I respect this young serviceman's opinion and sacrifices - but I know many people in the service who feel completely differently than he does -- This does not take away from his opinion in anyway -- simply just as the people I know obviously do not speak for all service men & women; neither does this young man...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• God Bless and thank you to those of you who are serving.. My family sends our deepest and most sincer gratitude...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2008