Recipe for smoked sausage?

Anyone??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Depends on if you like this kind of thing but it is called Three Beans and Sausage and you need a slow cooker:
    1 1/2 pounds smoked sausage cut into 1 in pieces
    1 can each- kidney beans, great northern beans, black beans; rinsed and drained
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup water
    1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
    2/3 cup chopped celery
    1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
    1 teasopoon minced garlic
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano(optional)
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
    Hot cooked rice
    **In a 5-qt slow cooker, combine ingredients (except rice). Sprinkle with oregano and thyme if desired. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with rice.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 2:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Is it like kielbasa?
    1 jar of chile sauce to 1 can of cranberry sauce. Mix it together, add kielbasa, and heat until warm. This also works well in the crockport or in the microwave!
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 5:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I have had sausage cut up into smaller pieces and thrown into a skillet with butter or olive oil, chopped cabbage. Then cook noodles and throw them into the mix. This is easy and good. Not so good if you don't like cabbage.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 6:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Sausage and potatoes. You can cut up potatoes and fry them with butter and onions in a pan, then add the sausage. Or you can buy scalloped potatoes, and use that. My SO likes it when I use the garlic & herb scalloped boxed ones. I cook bacon in a pan and leave a little grease in there to cook the sausage in, then I put the sausage and bacon in with the potatoes. I always save this one for when my DD is gone for the night though, not very healthy.. but yummy :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008