where is the best place to have a 2 year old boy's birthday party?

kim804

Asked by kim804 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We are having my son's party at my parents house. It's have a lot of parking, a huge yard, a couple ponds to feed the fish for all the kids, and everyone knows where it is at. But if you are in a city, what fun places are around that you can afford for the number of guests you want?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• At home. At that age they aren't really into destination birthday parties yet, and they are still young enough to have meltdowns if over stimulated. Save the desitination parties for when they are old enough to have little friends.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If it is a nice day---in your backyard. If it is raining, in your living room. I see no point in going somehwere and spending a bunch of money. Really. It is getting to be a competition lately with Moms trying to outdo each other with the best and biggest birthday parties. How silly and pretentious,.The kids don't care. If they play games,win prizes and eat cake,that's all they need.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• for that young I would have it at home or a church/community center if you dont have the room or access to something like that. If you really want to have it somewhere else we had my daughters 3rd birthday party at a bowling alley because we were visiting family and didnt have a place to do it. The kids had tons of fun, they had bumpers and a little ramp thing for the kids to push the ball down.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Your house.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree w/ PP. Have it at home, weather permitting in your backyard. If you dont think your house is big enough, maybe a family member's house. Or a city park.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Im planning to have it at Mcdonalds. My son's bday isn't til Jan so outside isn't an option. but if your lil one bday is soon and it isn't too cold i'd have it outside.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• At home or at a park something simple but where they can play outside, weather permitting.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• or for inside and if he has older siblings, cousins etc, somewhere with a play area Chucky Cheese is always a winner for kids....
    Princess_s21

• I had mine at the Martial Arts studio where my husband works, just because there wasn't enough room in my own house, LOL.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 2:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010