Are you getting out of Cafe Mom what you expected? Why/why not?

Just wondering.

HeatheranninSP

Asked by HeatheranninSP at 10:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I originally joined hoping to meet some moms who live near me. That hasn't happened, so I've shifted my focus to the groups I own.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It usually goes pretty well if you go with the whole peer pressure thing. If you disagree be prepared for getting bashed. I do get some positive things out of cafemom if I stay with my interests and stay out of the topics that you know are going to cause issues. Usually things dealing with politics, religion and stay at home mom topics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used to be. It used to be a fine website with a few people who could use to calm down a bit.
    However, now it's more of a game and has lost the point of what it was in the beginning.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think its pretty interesting. Gives me something to do. other than stare at facebook all the time. plus its nice to ask a question and get quick responses when you need advice.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I got hung up in some drama. I am over it. I want to weed out my friends but know feelings will be hurt. I do not need online drama. Real life has enough of it. I like to come to CM to unwind and relax. I just wish some would realize it is just the internet.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 7:12 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm here to have fun and pass the time.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• HeatheranninSP, ok for starters I am not bashing anyone> but I can read fine, other people cannot. It's not cafemom, it's those who refuse to read or just rant bad answers for sheer boredom. But that is them, i don't look to make friends, or get cafemoms approval happens a lot lately, I usually just give my opinion or a fact, but never read something and say, ...."I don't understand, or no idea what you are saying, ..... I read.

I accredit it to just some of those that don't want anything to do but cause drama, or their, ego boosted---which is kind of sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010