What are some things you are getting your child for Christmas?

How old are they.
My son will be 3.5 at Christmas. We have a Leapster Explorer, Tag reader, and leapfrog keybord you hook up to the tv and it make a kiddie computer. Trying to figure out what else to get. If you have a 3 year old what would you get?

cassey.e

Asked by cassey.e at 10:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't have a three year old, but that's a lot of electronic stuff. Why not some basic learning toys and some books?
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My kids are 3 & 4. Mostly we bought them clothes, toys and games for their GameBoys... They are also getting a TV/DVD/VHS for their room, a new game system, and an Alphie... Plus... A baby sister...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my DD is 12 and going to get an easel, with the stuff to go along with it.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree with losttheslipper, get some books. I really don't know yet what we'll get the kids this year. Maybe a marble run for my dd4 because she loves her brother's so much.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My son just turned two. We are getting him more Thomas and friends accessories for his Wooden railroad.
    We're also going to buy him a bunch of books.
    I would like to get him an easel.
    I've also thought about buying him a bike, but that wouldn't be fair since he couldn't ride it until spring.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• DD is almost 3. She will be getting some neew baby dolls/barbies, new books, new puzzles, new arts & crafts stuff, some dress up clothes, a couple of movies. I think you are focusing way too much on electronic stuff for a 3 year old.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• For our 7,5, and 4 y.o. we are hoping to get them a Wii.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I know what my child likes and i buy according to that. We are a very elctronic family. He knows what iphones are and like to play with my husbands. He has my husbands first ipod and can use it. He plays on our laptops and the wii.

We read books, he plays with his train table, puzzles and legos. All our other family will get him "regular toys". We travel frequently and the leapster and the Tag are things he can take and not worry about losing little pieces.
    cassey.e

Comment by cassey.e (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm making my 6 year old a quilt for her bed and a matching one for her doll bed. I'll be buying her a new book, a new doll, and little things to fill her stocking. That's it.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2010