What should i do?!?!

Ok so i recently lost my jack russell dog, Leylah! It was the sadest thing and she died in my arms. And we have one other dog. Now i've been wanting a little lap dog like a teacup chiuau(sp) and wondering what i should do? Should i get it or not?!?!

LeighAnn0901

Asked by LeighAnn0901 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pets

• It will never take the place of your jack russell but it'll help the healing process. I say you get it. Hearts are amazing things, the love they hold can always expand to include more and more beings. Teacups are very sweet. I loved when they would come into the pet stores that I worked at. I'm so sorry for your loss. But at least you were there for her when she passed away. My poor beagle Tucker was put to sleep without my knowlegde.....
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• As long as you feel like you are ready for another dog and can provide for it..I think it would be great. Its so hard to lose a pet and a new pet will not necessarily take its place, but being able to love another animal and have it love you back can be very comforting and healthy for you. Make sure your other dog is willing to accept the new dog as well. Especially if the two were very close. Im sure it will be fine though.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 3:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well, I would worry honestly because the dog is so much smaller than your kids, lol. I know my kids and they're rough and not careful when they're walking. It would break my heart if they stepped on a little dog and hurt it.

Aside from that, I don't see why not.

p.s. It's Chihuahua ;)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My mom has 2 yorkies & a chihuahua. I LOVE dogs, i'd have thousands if I could but that dog just drives me nuts. My son will be trying to crawl or climb on things since he's not walking yet & she'll be right in his face licking & jumping all over him. I know not all dogs are like that but i've lived with 3 Chihuahuas & they've all been really hyper. I know how hyper Jack Russells are too so if you've had one I think a Chihuahua would be fine. I have nothing against hyper dogs I have a Border Collie (sheep herding dog) that likes to try to herd us around the yard & wouldn't trade him for anything. Plus I paid over $500 for him & he had to have over $1000 in surgeries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2008