do you sell on craigslist??

I have some items I'd like to sell but I'm a bit worried about people coming to my house?? Have you dealt with any "weirdos"??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• no
    mommy912010

Answer by mommy912010 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I tried to sell these sneakers my DD did not like, and no one contacted us. But then again you can leave it so they contact you through an email system set up through Craig's list. I think it works by Criag's list emailing you if someone wants what you are selling.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes, I've sold. No weirdos yet. I try to meet in a public location.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Ya I sell stuff on craigslist all the time. So far I haven't dealt with any weirdos lol. If it makes you mare comfortable, you can always meet people some place else and only put the craigslist email address on there. Of course you'll have more luck selling if you make it easier and put your number but whatever makes you feel more comfortable.
    kaylaylshfr

Answer by kaylaylshfr at 10:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have. You don't have to have people come to the house, though. Or if you do maybe do it on a day your husband is home.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes have your husband deal with them or a male friend there with you....(no, no weirdos)
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I sell on craigslist all the time. I usually weed them out before they get here, and I'm never alone. I have posted and sold in the same day! It's a great resource. I have been very succesful on craigslist.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Last year when I lived in a HUGE city I sold often, often making a profit. There were a few weirdo's but as long as they had cash I didn't care much,

Now I live in a teeny area so craigslist is useless. If I cannot unload it on ebay it goes to Goodwill
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have sold clothes, baby items, my car, my house to rent and appliances. When I sold the clothes and baby items I never had weirdos. Appliances I had some people I did not feel comfortable with. I always had my husband home and we tried to have the appliances out of the house and ready to go. You can never be too safe though. It really is risky. My friend's aunt had a very bad experience! Just be careful!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have sold 2 things on their and bought 1 thing...

I sold my daughters crib, and it wasnt a great experiance... the girl was completely rude and just handed me the money I was so glad to get them out of my yard that I didnt count the money - after they left I realized she shorted me $50...

The second time I gave a dog I resucued away... it turned out pretty good, the guy was a weirdo but I have seen him since ( we live in the same small town) and I can tell he is really taking very good care of the dog.

I found on craigslists people wanting to get rid of their pregnant dog ( or they were going to dump her) ... I "bought" her for $60 and now I have my 3rd baby !
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010