Since it is ask a stupid question day.............

How can I get a grape juice stain out of my tan couch?

LOL

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 10:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• LOL!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• flip the cushion over?
    Buy only WHITE grape juice?
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I googled.,.....

There are a number of good products on the market that are quite successful in removing grape juice and other fruit juice stains. Clean-n-Brite is a dry granular stain remover than you mix with water and apply to the stain. The manufacturer claims it's the best for fruit juice stain removers. We haven't tried it.

We have tried Zout and Spray & Wash and found them to be effective if you apply it to the stain ASAP, and then work in either by rubbing between your knuckles or by using short quick strokes with an old toothbrush or other soft bristled brush. Allow to sit while the washer fills and then wash the garment per manufacturer's directions. I always air dry treated stains either by hanging on a hanger in my laundry room or by hanging the garment outside in full sun.

Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• These days, I'm also recommending a treatment with white toothpaste - the kind recommended for whitening and brightening teeth. Moisten the stain and then squeeze out about a half inch of toothpaste directly onto the fabric. Scrub between your fingers; let the treated material sit for a half hour or more, then toss the garment into the washer and let the washer do the rest of the work for you.

These tips will also work for cherry, blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, raspberry, other fruit juices, and red wine stains too.

Personally....I like the toothpaste idea
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• WOW, LOL
    Indyk

Comment by Indyk (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010