I'm looking for someone who can help me on an occassional basis with taking my daughter to school or picking up when I have to work earlier/later...I'm willing to pay, I just can't find anyone. HELP!!!

My daughter is in Middle School, and the hours are 9:30 - 4. Most of the time I can work around this, but sometimes I have clients who want me to work a few hours later or earlier. I'm having a really hard time finding someone reliable who can help me out (I can usually schedule it a week or two in advance...) Anyone know of a service or maybe a mom who doesn't work full time who might be able to help?

tamphoto

Asked by tamphoto at 2:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Where do you live?
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• People from all over the world looks at this site, so it would be hard to find someone in your area on here.... Many local papers and/or news station web-sites do allow for FREE ads in their classified section; have you tired listing an ad in your local newspaper or local news station website?
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• What an interesting schedule time for school. We start here at 8:05 until 2:35 at our Intermediate School. I know my BFF's neice and nephew have a later start like that and they are in Vallejo CA i would think that would be a great time for High School to start since they are notorious for sleeping in LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i think there would be some moms willing to help, but where do you live?

you can always look for a group on here of moms in your area and start a post on watching your daughter.
    madismummy

Answer by madismummy at 11:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• why don't you ask a mother in her class or the teacher maybe she knows someone.

kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I would find out who does parent pick up in the afternoon everyday. Then, ask them if they would be interested in a few bucks to drive your child home. Also your child's friends parents might be willing. Same thing with before school. It's tough. I am fortunate to have a neighbor who works at the school. Could you ask the principal if you could post for the staff? A teacher or teacher's aide might consider it as well.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2008