how do i keep my blanket on my son when he sleeps he always kicks it off at night and wakes up freezing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 7 month old does the same thing. I dress her in warm clothes (long sleeve sleeper)so that at night when she does kick them off she will stay warm. Other then that thier isn't anything over the years that I have found to keep the covers on, my 5 year old did it and still does, she also goes to sleep at night in warm clothes..lol!
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I do not think that there is a way to really keep it on him. What I had to do was dress my kids in layers. I would put them in a t-shirt, then PJ's and then in a heavy sleeper. That way if they kicked the blankets off they were usually still warm.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my mom had to put 2 sets of pj's on me when i was a baby bc I kicked the covers off.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Yup, my daughter was like that too. She still doesn't cover up with a blanket and she's 5. Dress him in a warm set of pjs with feet then he'll stay warm!
    Hotmamma31

Answer by Hotmamma31 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my 4 year old does the same thing. im constantly trying to fix it for him, but i think sometimes all you can do is dress him warm
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 3:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I don't know how old your child is, but if he is small enough, they sell those blanket sleepers, it's kinda like a nightgown that you put over their pajamas. My daughter always has footie pjs on, and she also sleeps with me in my bed.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You know I hated them at first because my daughter was so small and still is- but sleep sacs are awesome. I put my babe in a onsie and sock then the sac... she stays warm and sleeps through the night well.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Dress him so he doesnt' need a blanket. Fuzzy, footie PJs or a blanket sleeper.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Two words....SLEEP SACK. You can zip them into one. Some are sleeveless and some have sleeves, they are great!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 6:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Halo Sleepsack is the way to go. They stay warm all night, and seem to sleep more soundly. You can purchase them in all different sizes, colors, they even have organic sleepsacks. Giggleoutfitter.com has a large selection.
    Anonymous