what do i do?

My 2 1/2 ds wants to be a princess for halloween. I'm hoping he will change his mind but I know boys thos age love girls things cause they are more flashy etc. Anyways is this normal should I let him?

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I personally would NOT let my 2 year old son be a princess for Halloween.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Let him! He is a baby, and really, what harm is it going to do?? And it's Halloween, the perfect time to be something completely different than what you are every other day of the year!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I guess I worry about when he's older. Will he hate me for allowing it?
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'd probably let him. Do YOU remember what you were for Halloween when you were 2 1/2? I don't. I can think of a lot of other reasons to hate my parents besides my costume, lol. But I am not a freak about gender roles the way some people are so I am guessing my vote will be in the minority.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Try showing him a costume of a knight....i saw one at walmart that was super cute that i would have got for my son if it would fit. But you never know he might change his mind...show him something else that will draw his attention and he will change his mind like the drop of a dime lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I personally would not allow my son (if I had one of course) to dress like a princess. you can't convince him to be anything else? a prince? a knight? spider man?
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Maybe you can try to explain to him about a Prince and how its the boy version of a Princess.......if your uncomfortable with it.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't think I could let my son dress as a princess for Halloween. I do let him play with dolls and things that were mine when I was little that are left at my Mom's but I wouldn't want him to think it's ok to dress like the opposite sex...maybe explain to him that boys are princes, girls are princesses...like women are mommies and men are daddies...so he's more likely to understand. When it comes down to it though, it's your own personal choice.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• He's 2 1/2! Let him be whatever he wants to be!! What harm is that going to cause?
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• He does waiver with Tigger...I just keep talking about Tigger and hopefully he will go that way...part of me is like, screw it let him be what he wants he is ony 2 but the other part hates the idea...uug! thanks ladies!
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010