is this normal??

Had a baby 8 weeks ago, had my first period at 4 weeks after delivery, and now just light brown discharge... feeling some cramping. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take up to a year for your hormones to get back to a normal pattern. That means that your periods can also be messed up for some time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I didn't get a period at all until 19 months after I delivered. I think EVERYTHING is normal after you have a baby. There is no normal.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Totally normal. The brown blood, I think, is the "old" blood. From what I understand, it was being stored inside until you gave birth. This allowed for the blood to pass through like a period. It will take some time before your periods become normal again.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't think there is any "normal" when it comes to periods after childbirth. Everyone is different! Sounds typical to me though.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010