13YR JUST GAVE ME THE TALK

im glad that she came to me an said a few boys askd her to touch parts of her body...i told her thats not a gd idea cause it will lead to other things that she not ready for..she needs to wait for that special guy later in life..i had her brother @16..he 15 not ready yet..an i wont approve of doin it..just bcause i did it doesnt mean she needs to be like me..be better than me..she should want somebody who respects her beauty,body,complete her..
i think i handled it well?
i there anything else i could have added?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Respect for yourself, your body and respect for others and their bodies is really the key
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• thx i didnt even think about that..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yeah and it is good that she told you kids are coming asking to touch her. That didn't sound like a boy she liked, that she was talking to, it sounds to me like kids who are being a bit ...
    I'd keep the convo going throughout the week, esp helping her with ways to respond, things to say to these guys, in the heat of the moment.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I tell my DD the guy for her is the one who likes to listen and do things that interests both of them, like her art. And the last thing she needs is a child who will repeatedly say Mom everytime she is watching her total drama island.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• again im glad she came to me..my dd suffers from bi polar..sweet as a button an is always trying to plz ppl..not matter what it is..so im a so relieved that she came to me..i writing down everything u ladies are saying..an i will keep talking to her this week so she will get what im trying to say..but i dont want to push it to where she may stop talking to me..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My mom really stressed to me that once you have a "reputation" it follows you forever. She pointed out a woman who has been married for close to 20 years that is still known as the town bicycle. She also asked me to think of how that woman must feel knowing that other women don't want to be her friend because they think she's gonna try to take their husbands. That stuck with me more than anything. Another thing that stuck was how she said "If you don't respect your body enough to make some poor sap wait, then he won't respect you either and he will treat you like crap". Over all though, I'd say you did good!
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 11:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• thx..im have use the town bIcyle.. im eorried that she just wants to do it cause my 13 yr niece is doing it..my sister an niece are known as the "'TOWN BICYLE"
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think what you said was about right.. but be sure she's aware of why guys don't always respect girls, especially at that age. It's best to wait until a guy comes that really respects her for who she is and NOT her body.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, I think you did really good. There is one more thing I think you should add. If it came down to someone asking her to have sex, I would tell her that it is okay to say, "No."
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• u know i compeltely forgot to say that..that shouldve been the main thing i told her..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2010