Ok ladies..Need your advice and help?!?!

I just read a post from another mom! Now I have myself worried :( I have posted on here several times about what contractions feel like. Obviously I know that I am having contractions just not sure how to time them and if that is what they actually are. But everytime I have had a gut feeling that I was having contractions I went to the hospital and sure enough they had to be stopped. I was hospitalized at the beginning of the month due to preterm labor and they gave the two steriod shots to help develop her lungs. I was then 1 cm/80%/-2 and put on complete bedrest. At my last appointment my doctor did not check me because she did not want to stir anything up :) Now for the last three days I have been cramping from the pelvic area down. My back, hips and belly are so uncomfortable. They dont neccessarily hurt but are uncomfortable. Im just worried that like this other mommy I will show up at the hospital toward the end..

confusedgirl919

Asked by confusedgirl919 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are in doubt, go to the er. At the least, they will send you back home.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• cont. sorry..or not soon enough because I have to drive a little over an hour to get there since I am going to deliver at OSU Medical Center which has a GREAT high risk unit. I keep telling myself that I will go in if the pains get worse and I cant handle them. But obviously the other mommy could because she went in and was at a 5 and didnt even think she was in labor. :( What do I do? Any advice? I have also been losing my mucus plug just a little bit not all at once. I worried and confused and scared. Oh and dont want to feel stupid!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Go to the ER. You have had to have labor stopped once already. They will not think you are stupid. You are taking care of your baby!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Dont feel stupid...I had my first kid last year and I went through the same thing of not knowing what contractions felt like and freeking out about it. You should be able to call the Land D and talk to a nurse there. They will be able to help you out and tell you if you should come in right away or not. If you dont already have the number you should be able to find it on the hospital website. Good luck and hope everything works out well for you.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Does this sound like normal pregnancy pains or beginning labor?
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If you were already hospitalized at the beginning of the month due to preterm labor I would go in!! It might be a pain but would you rather wait and not get in the hospital in time?
    kaylaylshfr

Answer by kaylaylshfr at 11:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It might be labor. Its hard to say. For me all the pain was in my lower back. Give them a call. They will tell you what you should do and they wont think that you are stupid for asking.....trust me...my husband is a nurse that works in Land D
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010