Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this harrasment

my dhs ex has filed harrassment charges twice within a year against me. Both times the judge found them totally unfounded and that she was being spiteful due to custody case. Also, she has filed false contempt charges against dh and tried to terminate his rights. My sds therapist has warned me how my dhs ex hates me and will use excuse to hurt me. She has now starting coming to hearings I have at court for money I owe. I missed my last hearing and called in sick. My name was suppose to be taken off docket but somehow a warrant was issued. My lawyer was fixing this. But since she was there she and knew about warrant she had her cop friend arrest me in front of my kids. I had to go jail but was let go with no charges. She is doing all of this to hurt me. Is there any legal means I can use to protect myself, dh and kids. I am afraid cause she stalks me and wants to hurt me anyway she can. Please help.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • I would go in and ask about a protection order. Good luck.

    Answer by Kword at 11:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • I have no idea but I hope you find answers.

    Answer by Melbornj at 11:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • I would say that it is. You already have the therapist saying that she wants to hurt you so you have reason to fear for your life for them to issue the restraining order.

    Answer by Shelii at 11:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Sounds like yes to me. Look into a restraining order?

    Answer by 69humblepie at 11:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Talk to YOUR lawyer about this.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Protection of order and lawsuit for defamation of character and someone should be charging her with filing false reports.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Definitely is if you ask me...I agree with previous answers that you need to try to see if you can get a restraining order in place

    Answer by MommyH2 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • You need to get a Restraining order againist both of them......

    You are welcome to look at my profile say "Laura" sent you.....................

    Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Restraining order

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

  • Ask your lawyer if you have any grounds on filing a restraining order or if there is anything you can do to protect yourself. What about slander? If I'm not mistaken that is when someone makes false accusations about you that make you look bad. I'm surprised that she isn't angry at your husband. Or is she trying to make you look bad to him, so he will leave you?

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.