fantasiziing about someone other than your mate

fantasizing bout someone other than your mate is that considered cheating?
tho not on purpose but it keep happening..
do u tell your spouse,keep it to yourself, or tell a friend hoping it would make it stop?
saw it on a tv show was wondering what women really do in a situation like this..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldnt consider it cheating unless you act upon those fantasies. & keep it to yourself, lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No, how could it be cheating? You're by yourself... I love my husband, but I can't honestly say I have ever fantasized about a man, him included... I prefer women to men when it comes to this kind of thing... He knows it... And no, I don't see any reason to run and tell your DH every time you fantasize... Do you tell him every thought? I know I don't. I mean if he asks tell him, but no, why would you bring it up?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• if you ACTIVELY think about someone else, then yes I would consider it cheating. if you just have a random dream when you are sleeping, something you have no control over, then no I would not say that is cheating. I had a dream not too long ago about a former boss of mine. I woke up feeling horrible but in the end I did not tell my BF. I never fantisize about any other man. I love my BF.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Someone told me any man other than your husband is considered cheating...so i came to u ladies..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I fantasize about my husband but I don't think that fantasizing about someone other than your SO would be cheating. Just because you've thought about bashing someone head in, doesn't mean you have actually committed murder. I think God gave us the freedom of thought to see any situation we want..... and it's consequences.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 12:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2010