Thank you gift ideas for a friend...

Long story short we are military and are living 3,000 miles away from both our families. We have some friends here but I have one awesome friend who is always going above and beyond. I've been to the dentist several times in the last 2 months but it's hard for my hubby to get off work to watch the girls and daycare is expensive. My friend is always willing and will at the drop of a hat watch the girls for me in addition to her own two kiddos. I'm trying to come up with something really great to get or do for her as a thank you. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

mrspierce06

Asked by mrspierce06 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I would make the men take the kids and treat her to a night out. This way she gets a break and a free dinner and clubing night....if thats something you both enjoy...or just have a coupple of drinks. But then again thats just me....Im also in a military relationship and I know how it goes....The bad part is we have been here almost 2 years and I still do not have any good friends like that....But we should be moving soon! Whoo hoo lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Why not offer to take her kids so she can have a day to herself, or an evening out with hubby. Cooking a meal for a friend is always appreciated.

If you are buying something, maybe a gift card for dinner or movies....and throw in the childcare. Or a gift card to pamper herself.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Thats a good one ohwrite....I never thought about giving her a date night with the hubby...Hope hes not deployed =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:16 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• gift cards for pedicures, starbucks, a cosmo subscription, etc... anything a mama can have all to herself :)
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 3:12 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas ladies....they are not military so her hubby is home. I need to find out if they have a favorite restaurant for gift certificates first.
    mrspierce06

Comment by mrspierce06 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2010