Tried the dreamcatcher: didnt work. Whats next????

MY 7 YR OLD HAS BEEN HAVIN CRRRRAAAAAZZZZYYYY NITEMARES. WE BOUGHT A DREAMCATCHER (AND MADE ONE) TO EASE THE TENTION AT NITE.
WORKED FOR 4 DAYS OR SO.....N WERE BACK 2 SQUARE ONE.
WHATS NEXT????

SylivasMommie

Asked by SylivasMommie at 12:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe right before bed try reading something upbeat and fun to your child, so that's what will stick in his or her head. Dr. Seuss rhyming ones are fun. Anything you can put a rhythm to. Anything you can add fun sound effects to. Anything you can fun voices for. Sometimes something that gives them the giggles is reading a short easy-to-read book as fast as you can several times.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 12:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I watched a news segment on removing TV and computer screens, blinking lights and majority of electronic from bed room. i have known some adults who have tried this, and it works for them if they can break their media addictions in the bed room, I sleep deeper and more restful this way, though may fall asleep infront of tv now and then. all screens especially for an hour before bed, the screens flicker and keep the brain over stressed like it's in awake mode long into sleep stages that should be deeper REM states. reading may help, focusing on funny to him appropriately humorous material elevates seretonine, and during the day plenty of exercise and daylight (vitamin D). arguing around him, even slightly removed rooms/space, can come out in sleep.
    freyjawire

Answer by freyjawire at 12:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Pray!
    chrstn_rm

Answer by chrstn_rm at 12:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• night light?
    AndriaE

Answer by AndriaE at 10:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• try to find out the cause of these dreams.

"bad dreams" are normally triggers from every day fears she's having. So, say she's having anxieties about school, it could be effecting her beauty sleep.

Things like TV and video games can also trigger night terrors, so cut back.. a half hour before bed, no tv, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Something is definatly going on. I would talk to the pedi about this, especially if they seem to be traumatic
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I met a Mom on CM that makes tooth monsters and I had one made for my daughter. My daughter was having problems with be afraid and having bad dreams. I gave her the monster and told her that she frightens away the things she is afraid of and the bad dreams and it worked for me. She has a web site that she sells them at, it is Lu and Ed.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My dd had a bad bout of nightmares. I had recently bought a large blanket with a unicorn on it, so I gave her the blanket and told her that as long as she is touching the blanket, the unicorn will protect her and keep her dreams good. I also taught her to imagine a 'happy place' where she feels safe and secure, she 'goes' there any time she has a bad dream or is scared.
    unicornnymph22

Answer by unicornnymph22 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010