please hlp

Ok I went to the dr and they said i was 6.6 weeks pregnant but I didnt conceive 6.6 weeks ago i conceived 4 weeks ago, when would i have conceived and how does that work?

Ashley162

Asked by Ashley162 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't go by your LMP because sometimes you will ovulate at different times. Like if I went by my LMP my due date would be 9 days sooner.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You can't go by the conception date, that isn't what they go by either. It will only confuse things. The way they figure up everything is the date of your last period. They take that day and count back 3 months and add 7 days to it and that's your due date. Sometimes they change it later on if the baby changes size or you change size and amount of fluid amd there's all kinds of reasons they mess with the date. But even when you have a due date, it could be 2 weeks before or after that baby is born and still be considered normal. My 2nd baby was born at exactly 41 weeks and they weren't going to induce until 42 which was ok with me waiting until dd appeared. I love being pregnant!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You gotta go get What To Expect When You're Expecting.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The moment that you get pregnant you are already considered around 2 weeks pregnant.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my husband also had a very hard time understanding this. it is usually pretty easy for the dr to tell how old the baby is by ultrasound within the first few months.
    momof3ttc

Answer by momof3ttc at 7:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• According to my LMP I would be two weeks ahead but thru an early ultrasound they said I was actually two weeks later than that. They use your LMP just as an estimate. If you don't have a very early on ultrasound then it is always an estimate of your due date. It can be either two weeks after or before the due date the estimate for you. babies rarely come on their due dates. IMO, they should just call it due month instead of using the estimated due date.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They measure your weeks of gestation from your last period, not from conception. So when you are 'six weeks pregnant' it has really only been about four weeks since conception. That's just how they do it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010