Are you just discovering the new world of Terrible Twos with your toddler? how are you getting through it?

Mommiebiz824

Asked by Mommiebiz824 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At 20 months I thought we were going to start it, but he is back to his sweet self. He had gotten sick and I think he still wasn't feeling good, and had also fallen into a pattern of whining and being fussy. But after a couple weeks, he was over it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I went through 2s and 3s. It is extremely exhausting at times. It will get better I promise. It does takes a lot of guidance, prayers, time and energy. When they throw tantrums just ignore them until they stop or if it's in a store just leave. Time outs when they misbehave and special treats or positive words when they listen. Hang in there!
    chrstn_rm

Answer by chrstn_rm at 1:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i been goin thru terrible 2's at terrible 1..lol..she @ 28 mons im dreading terrible 3's
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son is almost 3 and I can't wait until this is over! (Please tell me it ends!) ;)

How to deal with it? I vent on Facebook and Twitter. And when I can, I drop him off at the child care at the gym and go work out.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:12 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my daughters are 2 years apart so ass oon as teh older one was getting out of teh terrible 3s now i have another terrible 2 coming...its hard but you have to do what you gotta do she wines for no reasons alot you have to ignor the lil stuff unless she hurt or hungry other wise i let her wine and cry becasue theres nothing wrong with her..i have to go thro that now i babied her which i shoudlnt have caus now shes up my butt 24-7 she loves her mommy and i love her no doubt but its not good for her not to play with kids cause she with me all day long..But youll get thro it its just a stage right now....
    KayNevLilSweet2

Answer by KayNevLilSweet2 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Thanks ladies so fat for your encouragement! My son will be two on Christmas Eve and he's turning into a stunt double, who refuses to listen to mommy! He throws the tantrums you all are so familiar with...not for very long but still frustrating. Time out doesnt seem to teach him a lesson...he's just sitting there waiting to go back to what he got in trouble for!! I just ordered an audio course on how to get through this, hopefully it will help
    Mommiebiz824

Comment by Mommiebiz824 (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My DS didnt start until 30 months....I do have to say he rarely throws tantrums...maybe it's because I walk away. i have 3s are worse, though!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2010